A Fish Movie

Monday, July 5, 2010

The Light of Day!



Today, I went to my friend Eric's house to pick up a light that he had. The light fixture is made by a company called Sunlight Supply and it is an 8-bulb 54w T-5 fixture. Man-o-man did it change the way my entire tank looks! Before this I had a 4 bulb 39-watt T-5 fixture made by a company called WavePoint. It was alright, however, I felt that it just wasn't strong enough, nor bright enough to light up my tank. After messing around with a couple bulb combinations I found one, which I really liked. As you can see it puts off almost a purplish - blue hue. This is perfect for bringing out all the amazing colors in all my corals!

After running to Eric's house and picking up the light fixture I ran to a couple aquarium stores, Southern California Tropical Fish, in Fullerton, CA and I went to my good friend's store New Age Aquatics in Tustin, CA. Here is there website they carry a ton of different supplies including: Aquariums, Lighting, Chemicals and Additives among all the Livestock you can think of. If you ever have a chance stop by tell him that you read my blog and mention my name and maybe he'll give you a discount! You can check them out online @ NEW AGE AQUATICS

i'll catch ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment